Saturday, November 21, 2009

Writing in the English language

I started studying the English language when I entered my kindergarten school at the age of four. From correct emphasis of consonant and vowel sounds and proper pronunciation of words, to the formation of complete sentences in making statements, I can say that English has already been a part of my life. It's been there, like the food I eat everyday.
Yet the feeling of reluctance and doubt are still over me somehow. Every time a teacher asks me to write a composition about a certain topic, I have hesitations that I myself could not explain. There's a part of me that says I can do it even better now since I already entered my tertiary education. But the contradicting part discourages me to do it because I simply don't have the gift.
Fear and low self-esteem. Those are some of the negative notions that I am fighting right now. So pessimistic that sometimes made me think of giving up.
NO. I should not, because if some people can, then why couldn't I?
Now, I think writing is just a piece of the big challenges ahead. So instead of running away from it, why not face the challenge and develop it? Because after all, I am the one who can have greater benefits to that self endeavor. Courage and perseverance are the only weapons to win the game!

2 comments:

  1. Language is a gift given by God to humanity. You have the gift. Learning English is not much different from learning other languages including your own. You just have to learn to own it and use it. Then it truly becomes part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning English is fun. We should be lucky that Filipinos(some) were developed to use this language as their own.

    It doesn't mean that we don't know how to write or speak English, it just that we find it hard to express what's really in our thought. Because all of us possess this kind of ability to write and speak through English. ü

    hi aish .. üÜ

    ReplyDelete