Monday, January 25, 2010

Business: My Chosen Field

We are now starting the preliminary steps for term paper writing, about the specific topic with its thesis statement.  In the past two weeks, each of us was asked to choose a specific topic in relation with our field.  As belonging to the College of Business Administration and Accountancy, my topic should be about business or just something about accountancy.

Scanning through my books in my major accountacy subjects, the Basic Accounting and Partnership and Corporation by Win Ballada, I came up with my final specific topic: The difference between partnership and corporation forms of business.  Since I am still in my first year, I am  not yet exposed to how the business world works.  That is why I selected a topic of which I have known and studied.  We were also advised by Ma'am Lynnie to have a topic that is familiar and of our interest.  One cannot write well if he doesn't like the topic to be discussed.

The reason that I preferred this topic because I want to know more about the difference of these two forms of business.  I want to read more about their variations from different sources and authors.  Though some authors have similar explanations about the differences, they still vary in a likely manner.  A few might have such differences that are not found in the others.

I spent time in the library looking for my possible sources.  Luckily, I found eleven books published by different authors.  I also tried browsing for online sources and I got three.  Yet, I still need more sources because the more sources I got, the better I can distinguish partnership from corporation and vice versa.  I just hope that this is going to be an interesting research.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ! you got a very nice blog... I have no comments on your grammar...and if you have time to visit mine...www.sipedronasa.blogspot.com...you can enjoy exploring some of it’s pages such as
    (rocking pinoy, mga kwento in lolo pinsoy, boxing, not a crab mentality)...once again congrats you got a nice blog.........PERDO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Research indeed is a major task that all of us went through back then.

    Now, another steps will be made, thus it would again challenge our resilient aspect and involve our minds to produce another contribution to the body of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete