Monday, January 11, 2010

My First Experience



As the ship arrived at the middle of the coastal waters of Siasi, Sulu, I was overwhelmed by the beautiful view all over the place.  The vastness of the blue sea was filled with gleaming clear waters that surround the two opposite mountains of the east and west.  The surface of the twin mountains was covered by green forest lush which was getting darker in color as dusk approached the sky.  A combination of pink and orange clouds dominates the heavens as the sun set.

After an hour of wondering the pulchritude sceneries, the ship had finally made its way to the port of Sulu.  To my surprise, we were not to exit at the main door of the ship.  Instead, we used a rope at the side of the ship to help us go down from the first deck of the ship to the pump boat.  Thank God it was only two meters high.

That was my first time to step on a pump boat.  The boat swiftly rocked as I dropped my weight onto it.  I struggled a bit but then I was helped by the man who was maneuvering the boat.  After I and my three relatives were seated on the boat, the man turned on the motor and drove us to the place where my relatives live.

As we sailed across the sea, the damp zephyr of the waters touched my face.  It has a smell of salt and fish with it.  The breeze cooled down and I began to shiver.  The wind was cold so I decided to put my jacket on.

I felt sleepy and exhausted so I leaned on the shoulder of my aunt.  It was been a long trip. 

2 comments: