Monday, January 11, 2010

How's My Vocabulary?

This week welcomed me with a punch!

Ma’am Lynnie introduced to the class a collection of sensory words or the SENSORY WORD BINS.  Yup! They are words that express the senses of normal human beings such as taste, smell, sound, sight, and touch.

I think the purpose of that was to check on our vocabulary, especially my vocabulary.  If you’ll ask me if I am good at that, then the answer is no.  I am not really that good at words.  I easily ran out of it when I write.  Though I like to read novels, magazine and short stories, I still don’t have enough investments of words, especially those that are used to describe.

However, I encourage myself to remember the new words that I encounter every time I read.  Not just remembering it but also knowing what it means.


PS:  I should improve my vocabulary.

1 comment: