Monday, December 28, 2009

My Golden Christmas!

I love christmas.  It brings back unforgettable memoirs of my childhood days.  As much as I appreciated my christmas gifts from Santa Claus when I was still in kindergarten, the feeling of joy and exitement on christmas season never vanished from my heart.  I can still remember when I played the role of Mama Mary in our school play in Kinder II.  That was such an easy role for me because I don't have a line in the script and all I have to do was to emote like I'm going to have a baby.  My teacher was very happy at our performance and she was impressed.  She hugged and kissed me on my cheeks after the small play.  Well, I guess I've done my part because I did it for the Baby Jesus Christ.

We celebrate christmas because this is when Jesus Christ was born to this world. Though we just have the date as an approximation. The reason that He came here is for the fulfillment of the purpose of the heavenly Father.  Jesus has become our Messiah and only Savior when He sacrificed His life at the cross.  He came down to give as the gift of salvation to save us from sins.  Jesus gave His own life for us sinners. 

Jesus Christ gives us the spirit of joy not only this christmas season but all throughout the year.   It is a gift.  There is peace when we have joy.  Joy results from being contented of the things we have today.  God have given us our family and friends, just enough to thank Him for that golden treasure.  Material treasures like wealth and power are nothing compared to the eternal tresures from God, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.  The celebration of Christmas eve is not measured by how much food and presents we prepared on our tables, but rather by weighing sincere hearts of gratitude.  Even in simple dishes, we can still be joyful at our Noche Buena as long as we made Jesus Christ the center of our celebration together with our family.

We are blessed because we know Christ Jesus.  Because we received Him as our Lord and Savior, we reflect ourselves much like Him.  We tend to show campassion not just in ourselves but for others, to the people around us.  In all the circumstances and challeges that brought pain into our lives, we surpassed it becuase He was always there to strengthen us and keep us strong even if we fall. 

Christmas season is a time for giving and sharing.  We share and spread the blessings we receive from God every moment of our lives.  God gave us all of those.  He gave us hope.  And now is the right time to share and extend that LOVE to EVERYBODY.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! *o*

5 comments:

  1. yes indeed, Christmas is the time for sharing and forgiving.. Hope we all know that the spirit of christmas is not just about the gifts we recieve, the foods on your noche buena, nor the fireworks we see but it is the time for reflecting and thanking Jesus Christ for everything that He has done to us..MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    PS: kindly leave out a comment on my page pretty please??thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aisha:)
    I appreciate you visiting my blog:) I hope you could continue checking it out:)

    Anyway, Happy Holidays.

    PS I would like to share this. Since you mentioned Santa Claus, I remembered this survey I took where there was a question if I believed in Santa Claus and I answered, "Nope. I was a smart kid." lol. Anyway, that's all. Hahahha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Giving and sharing through to our generous heart is what we need this Yuletide season.

    Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year, Aisha ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. true! Christmas is really the time for sharing and forgiving... but let's continue this even if it's not Christmas season...

    hope you enjoy your Christmas break!

    P.S. comment back please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Princess, Christmas is really the time of sharing and GIVING so... where's my gift? *kidding*

    Anyway, thanks for leaving a comment in my account and SORRY for this late comment. :)

    dHenrii♥

    ReplyDelete